Disregarding the problems people face both internally and externally hurts companies in the long run.
CXM Today—a leading customer experience media brand—has featured Hero Digital’s Truth & Beauty Index in a recent article titled: How Digital Transformation Fails. This feature examines common digital transformation mistakes and showcases the customer experience initiatives business leaders should prioritize to achieve future success. Read the full article below.
Organisations fail because their initiatives are dictated by inward-looking business priorities.
Since market opportunities are constantly changing, their solutions are often dated by the time the project launches. Disregarding the problems people face both internally and externally hurts companies in the long run.
A few priorities to consider:
- Projections based on inaccurate data
- Chaotic processes create pushback
- No time to react to disruption
- High risk of cultural missteps
- Unaware of emerging unmet needs
- Lacks insight into future landscape
There’s a lot to learn from leading brands that enhance people’s lives through digital experiences that make a meaningful impact. This begins with understanding what today’s wellness customers value most. Hero Digital, a digital customer experience company, released its report entitled the Truth & Beauty Index which analyses the top attributes that foster brand advocacy for customers across key industries; Retail & Consumer Goods, Financial Services, Health & Wellness, and High Tech.
Key wellness customer insights
- 40% of the top brand advocacy driving attributes are related to transformation
- 50% of the top brand advocacy driving attributes are emotionally driven
- Brand trust is the #1 attribute driving advocacy for both Millennials and Gen X wellness customers
Brand advocacy data by generation
- 40% of Gen Z consumers rank empowerment and disruption as top customer experience attributes when recommending a brand.
- 20% of Millennials rank empathy and principles as top customer experience attributes when recommending a brand.
- 50% of Gen X consumers rank empowerment and disruption as top customer experience attributes when recommending a brand.
- 30% of Boomers rank price and stature as top customer experience attributes when recommending a brand.
Transformational Financial Services
Consumers in financial services expect a clear customer experience that protects their personal data. Firms seeking to convert customers into brand advocates must appeal to a sense of pride by improving their reputation as well as empowering people to make confident decisions.
Transformational Retail & Consumer Goods
About 71% of retailers agree that digital transformation is an essential part of retail technology.
The retail and consumer goods sector is leading the charge in digital adoption. This has ramifications for every organisation. Consumer standards are high. To have the greatest impact, it’s important to deliver contextual digital experiences that include personal details.
Trust and Data Empathy
Request data in a way that builds trust and shows clear benefits to the customer. Then use it to personalise experiences. Apply segments with attitudinal and behavioral traits to build cultural sensitivity into your code. Use agile models to understand customer behaviors and prioritise actions to meet emerging needs.