In uncertain times, your customers want certainty more than ever.
It’s been a long day – you sit down on the couch, ready to relax with a program. But what will you watch? If you’re like most streaming network customers, you will spend close to 20 minutes browsing before feeling confident in your choice to press “play.”
This indecision can cost customers time and frustration, which in turn can cost businesses money and customer trust. And while choosing the wrong program to watch might not be hugely consequential, there are situations in which being unsure can have serious repercussions. Consider the consequences when a nurse taps on an incorrect submission button at work, or a taxpayer can’t find accurate IRS information, or someone with low vision cannot log into their bank account.
How to strengthen customer confidence
Ensuring that your customers feel confident in their actions and next steps when interacting with your business is vital in creating lasting customer relationships. In this Forrester report, you will learn how to combine customer research and testing with effective design practices to increase successful customer interactions, brand trust, and adoption.
At Hero Digital, we combine the truth of human needs and mindsets with the beauty of an elegant digital solution to create a positive customer experience (CX). To ensure that people feel confident in all phases of their journey with your brand, you must leverage both truth and beauty.
- Truth → Discover what affects your customer’s confidence by understanding your core audience’s needs and motivations through interviews, testing, and observation.
- Beauty → Increase customer confidence in the experiences you design by implementing user experience (UX) best practices, clean aesthetic design, and clear accessible communication.
Case study: Creating confidence through accessibility
Hero’s work with Spaulding Rehabilitation Network is a powerful example of how applying both patient research and good design practices can increase patient confidence in their interactions and improve brand engagement. Together, Hero Digital and Spaulding created an accessibility-first experience that:
- communicates consequences clearly to ensure patients know what will happen before taking an action,
- speaks directly to the patient using familiar, jargon-less language,
- provides explanatory diagrams and text to help patients understand complex topics,
- and follows AA accessibility guidelines, ensuring all patients, regardless of ability, can read, navigate, and use the site.
Since implementing these changes, Spaulding has seen a 43% increase in engagement when searching for a physician and a 25% increase while searching for services. This type of patient confidence has been a boon for Spaulding and proof that what’s good for people is good for business.
Download Forrester’s report, Design for Confidence, to learn more. This report is licensed by Hero Digital.