Spaulding Rehabilitation Network
A digital experience that truly has access for all in mind
Accessibility transcends the physical.
A digital experience that brought accessibility and approachability to the forefront—an experience that is truly for all.
Spaulding Rehabilitation, part of the Mass General-Brigham health system, is a recognized leader in rehabilitative medicine. Since their founding in 1970, they have grown to over 34 locations through a combination of mergers and expansions.
Multiple systems combined over the years resulted in a disjointed patient experience that left patients, caretakers, and other healthcare professionals confused and sometimes unable to access the experience at all.
What We Did
- Transformed 15 disparate experiences into one AAA and WCAG certificated experience
- Defined an information architecture that simplified user journeys and was optimized for organic search
- Partnered with Perkins Access to conduct field research and testing with actual patients—helping us solve real pain points and usability issues
- Enabled assistive technology in the website experience
- Used WAI-ARIA specifications to set standards across devices
- Experience Strategy
- Experience Design
- Analytics and CDP
- Content Strategy and Creation
“All of us who were part of this look forward to sharing what we learned, and to others following the path we’ve shown. Because at the end of the day, millions of people with a disability want to participate in our economy and workforce. Accessibility is simply just good business.”
- Best Site Design Winner, eHealthcare Leadership Awards