This position can be based anywhere in the United States
We are looking for a .Net Technical Lead to join the team at Hero Digital. Do you love leading engineering efforts for a variety of projects? Are you comfortable owning multiple tracks of work and playing a variety of roles? Are you an inspirational leader who enjoys mentoring junior staff? If so, you are the right person for this job.
What you’ll do
- Lead the engineering effort for small to medium projects, own multiple tracks of work for larger engagements, or lead engineering effort for multiple projects
- Mentor other engineers on the team at Hero, helping to define their career growth and trajectory
- Scope and estimate new work requests, from service integrations to full scale CMS implementations
- Work directly with the clients' technical staff to establish relationship and trust
- Participate in client management activities including business development, scoping, and managing development sprint activities
- Join a growing team with opportunities for advancement
- Help define the technical vision and direction of our engineering practice
- Actively identify and manage risk on projects
- Ensure proper coding techniques, completing code reviews and mentoring individual developers
- Learn new technologies that are being used by our customers
- Enhance your existing skills and learn new ones
- Represent Hero Digital in the engineering community, help with recruiting/hiring
Who you are
- A seasoned professional web developer with 8+ years of direct web application development experience in C# and ASP.NET MVC
- An experienced solution architect, able to lead the engineering effort for small-medium sized web applications
- Able to clarify unclear requirements by understanding the problem and asking the right questions
- An excellent cross-team communicator, able to distill complex information into simple terms
- Intellectually curious, striving to understand how the world works
- Expert knowledge required in C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL
- Demonstrate expertise in one or more digital marketing stacks (i.e., Sitecore, EPiServer or other enterprise-level CMS tools)
- Experience with marketing products suite (e.g. Web, DAM, Analytics, Email Marketing) such as Sitecore,Optimizely (EPiServer), AEM, Marketo, and Salesforce
- Experience with DevOps pipelines and tools (Git, Jenkins, TeamCity, Docker, Chef) and one or more cloud infrastructure providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack)
- 8+ years of professional software/web development experience
- Experience as a Tech Lead for projects, including estimation, scoping, managing project engineering team, client management, and successful delivery
- Demonstrable experience managing a team of Engineers
- Experience working within a collaborative, cross-functional agency environment, particularly with QA analysts, UX and Visual designers, strategy, and business analysts
- Experience participating in client management activities including business development, scoping, and managing development sprint activities
- Experience crafting, implementing, and supporting private, public, or hybrid clouds and associated management tools
- Degree in Computer Science, or other relevant experience
Who we are
We are a leading independent customer experience agency in North America that was born in California, at the intersection of business, design and technology. Our purpose is to bring moments of Truth & Beauty into people’s lives by creating customer experiences that are good for people and good for business. We drive growth and loyalty through a relentless focus of placing our client’s customers at the center of their business. Led by the experts in strategy, marketing, data, design, and technology, we work in blended teams, solving client problems and delivering results at market speed. These teams help Fortune 500 companies like Comcast, Oracle, Twitter, U.S. Bank, Salesforce, Sephora, UnitedHealthcare, and TD Ameritrade Institutional invent, transform, and perform to deliver new brand and business value.
Do you share the values that set our company apart?
We are expanding our team of humble and hardworking people who share the qualities we believe in. We seek those who are Wholehearted, Craft-driven, and Bright.
We are grounded in the values of who we are that ultimately lead to moments of Truth & Beauty. We celebrate leaders at all levels who take risks and create magic. We bring our complete, genuine, and whole-hearted selves forward each day. We are craft-driven in nature, with strong curiosities, but with a diligent and meticulous approach. And we bring an unexpected brightness through imagination, inspiration and an optimistic mindset. The commitment we make to our work is the source of our pride and the basis of our reputation.
Above all, Hero Digital is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience. One that reflects the world we live in today. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes people regardless of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.