Healthcare customer advocacy is gained through empowerment, empathy, and ease.
Hero Digital is proud to release our Healthcare CX Index.
Every healthcare interaction, no matter how trivial, is influenced by human emotions. Stress is ever present and patients are seeking guidance through personal challenges.
At the same time, people are interacting with healthcare professionals in new ways. Telehealth is expanding, in-depth information is at everyone’s fingertips, and personalized content guides people on their health journey.
Taking steps that don’t serve your customers has high costs. Knowing what your customers value, how well you’re performing, and where to invest resources is imperative.
Hero Digital’s Healthcare CX Index highlights key takeaways from four generations—Gen Z, Millennial, Gen X, and Boomer—and four industry sub-sectors—Primary Care, Urgent Care, Medical Specialties, and Pharma.
Using Hero Digital’s proprietary framework, you’re able to discover hidden attributes that drive both brand choice and brand advocacy, so that you can place your customers at the center of your digital strategy.
Healthcare companies should focus on ease, quality, and understanding while delivering personalized customer experiences and options for digital or in-person care. According to thousands of responses, empowerment, empathy, and ease are leading drivers of brand advocacy across all healthcare sectors.
Advocacy data by generation
Top customer experience attributes driving advocacy:
- 30% of Gen Z customers rank empowerment and disruption as top customer experience attributes when recommending a healthcare company.
- 60% of Millennials rank empathy and principles as top customer experience attributes when recommending a healthcare company.
- 30% of Gen X customers rank access and ease as top customer experience attributes when recommending a healthcare company.
- 20% of Boomers rank price and stature as top customer experience attributes when recommending a healthcare company.
Digital Transformation priorities by Sub-sector
- Primary care customers are willing to pay more for a customer experience that makes them feel heard and understood.
- Urgent care customers desire in-person services supplemented by digital experiences.
- Medical specialties customers are looking for recommendations from the world’s leading experts.
- Pharmacy customers seek genuine trust with every interaction.
Hero Digital’s CX Index surveyed 3,000+ people across 52 brands in consumer goods, financial services, wellness, and healthcare. The index’s framework identifies the attributes that are most likely to drive both customer choice and brand advocacy while providing a framework for successful digital transformation.