We are looking for a Magento Technical Architect to join the team at Hero Digital. You will collaborate to build and evolve Magento E-Commerce solutions with a team that has deep experience delivering world-class custom software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Do you love leading engineering efforts for a variety of projects? Are you comfortable owning a track of work and playing a variety of roles? Are you an inspirational leader who enjoys mentoring junior staff? If so, you are the right person for this job!
What you’ll do
- Build advanced Magento E-Commerce web applications
- Architect and build dynamic Magento E-Commerce applications
- Estimate and scope projects, and manage engineering, client relationship, and successful project delivery
- Provide consulting services for both onsite and offsite projects
- Collaborate with our internal teams to design, develop, test, and troubleshoot E-Commerce web applications including integration with existing client systems, web services and third-party web service APIs
- Work in an agile rapid development environment
- Apply development and programming standard methodologies, such as, specification design and review, object-oriented development, in-line comments and other typical documentation specifications
- Collaborate with creative, business analysts, project managers and QA analysts to clarify requirements and provide feedback
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to entire web application, including performance, stability and security
- Bring an innovative spirit to leading projects
- Work with clients on post-launch improvements and enhancements
- Guide and mentor junior team members to meet Hero Digital’s standards
- Represent Hero Digital in the engineering community, help with recruiting and hiring
Who you are
We’re looking for someone with serious Magento chops who loves building E-Commerce web projects and exposure to an ever changing set of clients. You’ll need to have:
- Strong hands-on experience working with Magento (at least 5 years) with at least 3 years working with Magento 2
- Bonus if you have Magento Enterprise and Magento Cloud experience
- Experience as a Technology Lead across multiple projects, including estimation, scoping, managing project engineering team, client management, and successful delivery
- Minimum of 5 years of PHP, MVC applications and web development
- 8+ years of professional software and/or web development experience
- Experience with DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, TeamCity, Docker, Chef)
- Ability to travel to our U.S.-based client as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior agency experience is a plus
- Comfortable balancing priorities and deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously
- Optimistic attitude and resourcefulness while working in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding problem solver that's always up for a new challenge to acquire positive results
- A BS or BA in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience and certification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, marital status, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information or military and veteran status.
Who we are
We are a leading independent customer experience agency in North America that was born in California, at the intersection of business, design and technology. Our purpose is to bring moments of Truth & Beauty into people’s lives by creating customer experiences that are good for people and good for business. We drive growth and loyalty through a relentless focus of placing our client’s customers at the center of their business. Led by the experts in strategy, marketing, data, design, and technology, we work in blended teams, solving client problems and delivering results at market speed. These teams help Fortune 500 companies like Comcast, Oracle, Twitter, U.S. Bank, Salesforce, Sephora, UnitedHealthcare, and TD Ameritrade Institutional invent, transform, and perform to deliver new brand and business value.
Do you share the values that set our company apart?
We are expanding our team of humble and hardworking people who share the qualities we believe in. We seek those who are Wholehearted, Craft-driven, and Bright.
We are grounded in the values of who we are that ultimately lead to moments of Truth & Beauty. We celebrate leaders at all levels who take risks and create magic. We bring our complete, genuine, and whole-hearted selves forward each day. We are craft-driven in nature, with strong curiosities, but with a diligent and meticulous approach. And we bring an unexpected brightness through imagination, inspiration and an optimistic attitude. The commitment we make to our work is the source of our pride and the basis of our reputation.
Above all, Hero Digital is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience. One that reflects the world we live in today. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes people regardless of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.