This position will be based in our San Francisco or Austin office.
The Pitch & Business Development Manager is part of the Corporate Marketing team and will work closely with the VP of Business Development on strategic new business pitch enablement from beginning to end.
What You’ll Do
- Work side by side with senior leaders in crafting a strategy to win and pitch approach while also rolling up your sleeves to manage timelines and craft client-facing deliverables
- Analyze RFP and new business requirements to develop a project plan for final proposal submission, including key dates, case studies, references, and work samples
- Support Hero’s pitch process to include coordinating entire lifecycle of proposal (e.g., coordinate kickoff and subsequent meetings, track proposal development, and manage the creation of any presentations, spec creative, assignments, etc.)
- Leverages understanding of agency cross-capability services and knowledge of client work across our network of offices to assemble, edit, and author (where appropriate) client-ready case studies, proposal, and presentation materials
- Conduct in-depth review and quality control of all pitch deliverables. Ensure content aligns with client requirements
- Determine items that are behind schedule; identify barriers to progress, and plan and implement effective and efficient problem-solving and corrective action plans
- Assist with updating/maintaining pitch and new business development materials
- Position requires flexibility, attention to detail, time management, creativity and enthusiasm as well as the ability to work and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels across various agency capabilities
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in one of the following areas: business, marketing, communications
- 3-4 years of digital marketing/advertising experience. New Business/pitch experience preferred.
- Understanding of the consultative selling process
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong visual communication skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in Keynote
- Ability to manage up, interface with senior executives, and build relationships across multiple disciplines and offices
Who we are
We are a leading independent customer experience agency in North America that was born in California, at the intersection of business, design and technology. Our purpose is to bring moments of Truth & Beauty into people’s lives by creating customer experiences that are good for people and good for business. We drive growth and loyalty through a relentless focus of placing our client’s customers at the center of their business. Led by the experts in strategy, marketing, data, design, and technology, we work in blended teams, solving client problems and delivering results at market speed. These teams help Fortune 500 companies like Comcast, Oracle, Twitter, U.S. Bank, Salesforce, Sephora, UnitedHealthcare, and TD Ameritrade Institutional invent, transform, and perform to deliver new brand and business value.
Do you share the values that set our company apart?
We are expanding our team of humble and hardworking people who share the qualities we believe in. We seek those who are Wholehearted, Craft-driven, and Bright.
We are grounded in the values of who we are that ultimately lead to moments of Truth & Beauty. We celebrate leaders at all levels who take risks and create magic. We bring our complete, genuine, and whole-hearted selves forward each day. We are craft-driven in nature, with strong curiosities, but with a diligent and meticulous approach. And we bring an unexpected brightness through imagination, inspiration and an optimistic mindset. The commitment we make to our work is the source of our pride and the basis of our reputation.
Above all, Hero Digital is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience. One that reflects the world we live in today. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes people regardless of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.